The New Brunswick Chapter has been granting wishes since 1987. This vast geographic area is the responsibility of our Provincial Office in Saint John, with a staff of 3, backed by a team of dedicated volunteers and a supportive board. Like the rest of the Foundation, we never turn down a wish child. We are able to do this thanks to the generous support of the public, corporate sponsors, planned gifts, donated goods and services and funds raised through special events. Together, we are working to make life better for children all over New Brunswick.
Each year, thousands of Canadian children between the ages of three and 17 are diagnosed with a life-threatening illness. The Children's Wish Foundation of Canada is dedicated to granting an exceptional wish to every child.
Established in 1984, Children's Wish is a national non-profit organization dedicated to fulfilling a favourite wish for children diagnosed with life-threatening illnesses. Since its inception, Children's Wish has granted more than 19,000 wishes for children and their families and fulfills approximately 1000 wishes annually -- granting nearly three wishes everyday -- each being an individual adventure, carefully structured to meet the needs of that particular child. The foundation has never refused a wish to an eligible child.
Each wish is as unique as the child who makes it. A wish can range from a personal computer or a home theatre system, to travel or a meeting with a celebrity.
Children's Wish, a registered national charity with chapters in every province and territory, relies on the generosity of its donors and volunteers to make certain that no wish is refused. Children's Wish has established itself as one of the most recognized registered charities in Canada and the most recognized organization when it comes to granting wishes for children diagnosed with life threatening illnesses.
- We will never say no to a wish child.
- We will maintain quality by paying attention to detail in meeting every child's request.
- We will use volunteer and donor resources wisely and with integrity of purpose.
- We will ensure that our activities reflect needs in communities in all parts of Canada.
- We will maintain effective working relationships with the medical community.
- We will conduct our activities with professionalism, integrity and compassion.
- We will work to create a supportive environment that promotes discussion, personal development and understanding.
- We will remember and treat with respect our grass roots heritage, never losing sight of the love and dedication that makes us The Children's Wish Foundation.