Join in the magic
Wishmaker Walk for Wishes is a national walk for the entire family. Participants include families, individuals, corporate and community groups who raise funds by collecting pledges to grant wishes for children coping with life threatening illnesses.
You can register as an individual or create a Team.
Create a Team
Gather your family, friends, colleagues and fellow students together to help grant a wish.
Form your team
Create a unique Team fundraising page, each member of the team must register and join a the team on the second page of the registration process. *full address and email information needed for each member.
Earn Great Prizes
T-shirt: Participants who raise $50 and over will receive a 100% cotton Wishmaker Walk for Wishes T-shirt on event day.
Life is Good Baseball Cap: Pledges collected for between $100 and $499 will receive a Life is Good Baseball Cap and a T-shirt. All money received by October 26, 2010 is eligible for prizes.
Gift Cards: Pledges collected for $500 and over will receive a Sears gift card and a T-shirt. All money received by October 26, 2010 is eligible for prizes.
$50 - $99 T-shirt
$100 - $499 ‘Life Is Good’ Baseball Cap
$500 - $999 $25 Sears Gift Card
$1,000 - $2,999 $50 Sears Gift Card
$3,000 - $5,999 $150 Sears Gift Card
$6,000+ $300 Sears Gift Card
You can opt to donate your gift card back to the Children’s Wish Foundation.
Grand Prize Draws: For every $100 raised in pledges received on event day, you will receive one ballot for a chance to win *2 airline tickets from Air Transat to any Florida destination.
Chapter Prizes: Contact your provincial chapter for more details.
*Certain conditions apply. Contact your local chapter for more information.
Access our fundraising tools to help you reach your goal. Whether you have registered as an individual or a team these tools will help you raise awareness about The Children's Wish Foundation of Canada and inspire those around you to donate.
Utilizing Online Fundraising Tools
The online Wishmaker Walk for Wishes registration system provides you with numerous tools to assist you with your efforts, including:
- Set-up your own fundraising webpage.
- Email your friends with customized messages leading them to your webpage.
- Track your progress.
- Avoid having to collect money by collecting online donations.
To take advantage of this opportunity all you need to do is register for a Wishmaker Walk in your community. Register Today!
Your fundraising efforts are responsible for the granting of thousands of wishes. Every dollar you raise goes directly toward granting a Wish Child’s most heartfelt wish. In 2008 Wishmakers just like you raised over $1.2 million.
How did they do it? Here are our top 10 fundraising tips
- Set a goal for yourself.Be optimistic and enthusiastic
- Ask family and friends first: tackling the easy ones will help you branch out to others
- Create your own personal or team page that prospective donors can view
- Upload your email list and send out your own customized email inviting potential sponsors to make an online pledge
- Give details about the walk: remember you are part of a Wish Community and over 15,000 wishmakers will be joining you across Canada
- Face-to-face: obtain a manual pledge sheet and meet face-to-face with family, friends and co-workers
- Carry your pledge form: you never know when you will run into someone you know
- Ask people on Fridays: people are excited about the weekend, so ask them when they are happy
- Businesses you visit: ask your hairstylist, doctor or favourite waiter!
- Send thank you notes: this can easily be done through the online pledge system
|Walk Site||Date||Location||Registration Time|
|BATHURST||October 16, 2010||Bathurst Mall||11:00 AM|
|BAYSIDE MIDDLE SCHOOL||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|CHARLOTTE COUNTY||October 16, 2010||Kirk McColl United Church, 70 King Street||11:00 AM|
|FREDERICTON||October 16, 2010||Soldiers Barracks on Queen Street
|GRAND FALLS||October 16, 2010||Fire Station on Broad way
|MIRAMICHI||October 23rd, 2010
|MONCTON||October 16, 2010
||Moncton Press Club
|OROMOCTO||October 16, 2010||Sir Douglas Hazen Park||11:00 AM|
|RESTIGOUCHE COUNTY (Campbellton)
||October 16, 2010
||Caisee Populaire to Sugarloaf Mall
|SAINT JOHN||October 16, 2010||Market Square||10:00 AM|
|SUSSEX||October 16, 2010||Wal-Mart Parking lot by Sobeys to RBC 664 Main St
|WOODSTOCK||October 16, 2010||RCMP Station (located at 410 Connell Road)||10:30 AM|