Lace up and help make wishes come true for children diagnosed with a life threatening illness!
Whether you're a seasoned runner ready for the 21 km or are gearing up for your first 5 km you can run or walk your way to the finish line for the Children’s Wish BC & Yukon Chapter. This is our second year entering the Scotiabank Vancouver Half-Marathon & 5km charity challenge and we need your help! Together, let’s create the magic of a wish for very special children.
Important information regarding Registration:
1. Register online* for the half-marathon or 5k run / walk. This is the easiest way to enter and you will receive an instant confirmation by email. *Online registration closes midnight PST, Monday, June 18, 2012.
2. Once you have successfully registered you will receive a confirmation email of your entry from Eventsonline or Active and be directed to the online fundraising program. You can then create your own personal fundraising page and start collecting pledges for Children’s Wish!
3. Follow the steps in the Fundraising section and click on 'Sign Up' and choose how you would like to fundraise for Children’s Wish.
4. Enter your fundraising contact information, create a username and password, and choose Children’s Wish Foundation – BC & Yukon Chapter as the charity you want to fundraise for. Your username and password allows you to log onto the fundraising website whenever you want to send solicitation emails or check your fundraising results. Your username and log in information will be sent to you in a new confirmation email. Keep this email for easy access back to your fundraising site.
5. Now you're ready to start fundraising. Once you're registered, you can start sending emails to family and friends asking for their support to help us grant the magic of a wish!
In addition to your hard work on and off the course, we're competing with several other charities for the following prizes:
• $5,000 - Highest fundraising total
• $5,000 - Largest fundraising team (min of $10/member required)
• $5,000 – Highest total per runner
Visit our official team blog for tips, tricks and laughs as Team Children’s Wish races for wishes!
Follow us on Twitter @RunForWishes or visit us on Facebook.
Questions? Contact Kim Antifaeff, 604.299.2241 or email firstname.lastname@example.org